Learn more about the setup to create a Twinkly devices Area group.
Applies to Twinkly Generation I and Generation II devices, Twinkly PRO and Twinkly Plus.
Groups can be created between devices with the same LED profile and also between RGB and RGB+W ones. While AWW products can only be grouped with other AWWs
When is it recommended to create an Area group?
Area groups are groups of lights arranged on extended scenarios.
All your Twinkly devices will become an individual bigger setting, on which the effects will be reproduced in full size.
For example, if you have three Twinkly X-Mas trees, and you decide to group them together in the same Area Group, the effect will be shown on the whole setting. Each one of the grouped devices will reproduce a portion of the entire figure.
Step By Step procedure to create an Area Group
- Access the “Devices” menu
- Make sure they are all on and marked with the Green status icon.
- Click on the link icon
- Choose the option “Area”
Select the “Area” group type:
- Area editor: This option allows you to set the layout of your individual devices exactly as they are positioned in real space. Thanks to this editor it is possible to change the zoom, the rotation, and finally the size of your layout. After choosing your favorite options, select Save in the bottom right corner and choose the name of the group.
- Camera Mapping - Use the smartphone camera to map the group (2D option only)
- Vertical (for iOS only) – Select single devices from the Higher one (IE: top of the tree) to the lower one (Base of the tree).
- Horizontal (for iOS only) – Select single devices from the left to the right.
5. Give your group a name.
6. The group will appear in the device list.
7. If you choose the Camera Mapping option, you will be guided to perform the mapping of the whole scene.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us