How to pair and control your Twinkly Plus with Amazon Alexa
Applies to Gen I and Gen II devices and Twinkly Plus
Twinkly PRO product family is not compatible with Amazon Alexa voice controls.
This feature is only available for Twinkly and Twinkly Plus.
Below we explain how to do this step by step.
Manage remotely Twinkly Plus using voice controls, by connecting it to the Amazon Alexa app.
Amazon Alexa is a smartphone app available on the AppStore and Google Play Store.
Connecting the lights to Amazon Alexa allows you to control your Twinkly Plus, using voice controls from your smartphone and by Amazon Echo devices.
First, you need to download the Twinkly app and follow these 2 steps:
- Connect Twinkly to a local Wi-Fi Network
- Download the Amazon Alexa app and follow the guided procedure to configure it.
- You installed on Twinkly the latest version of firmware available.
- Your Amazon Echo device (if available) is running and connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as your Twinkly.
- The local Wi-Fi network properly accesses internet resources.
- Your smartphone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as your Twinkly and of your Amazon Echo device (if available).
Make sure to have your Twinkly Account Login info at hand.
Add the Twinkly skill to Amazon Alexa
- Open your Amazon Alexa app
- Find the Twinkly skill and configure it.
It’s part of the section lights, subcategory others.
- Log In with the same credentials as your Twinkly account
if you accessed using Facebook or Apple ID login, be sure to access it with the same user
- In the list of elements available you can see all of your Twinkly.
If you created a group of Twinkly, you will be only able to control the whole group.
Both Twinkly Generation I and II
Turn on / off all the lights or just one light. IE:
- Alexa Turn Twinkly on
- Alexa Turn Twinkly off
Only on Twinkly Generation II
Ask Alexa to adjust the Brightness
- Alexa set Twinkly at 50%
Change the dominant color. IE:
- Alexa set Twinkly to Blue
- Alexa set Twinkly to Red
- Alexa set Twinkly to Yellow
- If you create a group of Twinkly you will be able to manage only the group and not the single lights.
- Voice controls to change colors are not available for Twinkly Gold Edition devices.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us