Procedure to create a Group to extend your lights.
Applies to all Gen I and Gen II devices, Twinkly PRO and Twinkly Plus.
Grouping is the feature that shapes Twinkly magic!
Just a click on your app is all you need to let all your devices dance together in the magic of Twinkly!
You can join together multiple Capsule Strings, Icicle, Curtain, or Bulb Strings with the same LED profile and the same controller’s type, thanks to the App.
After configuring your first Twinkly, you can add a new device immediately after, following the wizard.
Alternatively, access the “Devices” menu and click on “+” to add another Device. The onboarding procedure will restart from the beginning, guiding you through the configuration of the new device.
- All devices have to be connected to the same wi-fi network.
- It is not possible to create Twinkly groups with different LED profiles (the type of LED must be the same: RGB only with RGB, RGBW only with RGBW, AWW only with AWW).
- It is not possible to create groups by including other existing groups in the selection.
- To create a group of Twinkly PRO, you need to connect each Twinkly to the local Wi-Fi network (or to the router in case of Ethernet controllers) and ensure your smartphone joins the same network too.
- You can create a group only by including controllers of the same model in it
Creating a Group
To create your Group, follow these steps:
- Open the app and open the “Devices” menu
- Tap on the 3 circles symbol on the top right corner of the screen to choose what kind of group to create
- Select the kind of group you chose
- Select the devices you want to join in a group
- Name your Group as you prefer (it will be useful to distinguish them later on)
Join Groups make your single devices act like a great big Twinkly
- They extend the number of available lights up to the sum of led lights on each Twinkly
- They have a group layout
- They can be mapped as a single device
- Once you've mapped all your lights in your group, you’ll be able to apply basic and advanced effects to it.
- Usually Join groups are mostly used to make several devices act like a bigger one on a setting, for example, a x-mas tree.
Follow the step by step procedure for Join Groups
Sync Groups allow the simultaneous application of the effects on all the Twinkly that are part of the group
- They extend the number of available lights up to the sum of led lights on each Twinkly.
- Each Twinkly keeps its basic layout, even if it has been mapped.
- Sync Groups cannot be mapped as a single device.
Follow the step by step procedure for Sync Groups
Area Groups to arrange your lights in extended scenarios.
When creating an "Area " group, you can three possible options:
- Area Editor: allows you to set on the layout your individual devices exactly as they are positioned in real space.
- The Camera Mapping: allows you to map the devices on your scene with your smartphone (only 2D)
- Horizontal tiles (for iOS only): with this option, you can create a new layout automatically, with all your devices tiled with horizontal alignment.
- Vertical tiles (for iOS only): dedicated to vertical installation.
Follow the step by step procedure for Area Groups
If you want to create and manage a larger group of Twinkly products, these pieces of information can be useful for you!
- Rename Twinkly
If you have several devices, we suggest renaming each of them so that you can easily recognize the one you are taking action on.
- Map them individually then create an area group
If you purchased more than one Twinkly you are probably decorating a wider scene. In this case, switch all the twinkly off from the app, then switch on one and map on Twinkly at the time and tile them together in an area group.
- Groups behave as individual devices. You can find them in the device list and they have a status icon. The icon is green if all the devices that are part of the group are on and correctly connected.
- Grouped items can’t be controlled individually by Alexa and Google Assistant (only with Twinkly and Twinkly Plus)
- If the group status icon is red it means that one or more devices within the group are switched off or disconnected. In this case, check if the lights are on (steady green light on the controller) and perform a “rescan” by clicking on the icon in the form of circular arrows at the top of the list.
- If one or more devices have lost connection, it may be necessary to start the Reset procedure on each device.
- On the web app, you find the possibility to create Installations, which are basically groups containing other groups of single devices.
This function is available only on the web app, while to create a Group of devices, you have to use the mobile app, following the procedure illustrated above.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us.