Useful tips and tricks to get the best results from the Mapping process
Applies to Twinkly Generation I and Generation II devices, Twinkly PRO and Twinkly Plus.
The Mapping process allows the application to locate the LEDs in the space and map them. This way you will create a custom layout and you will be able to apply the most advanced effects to your Smart Decoration.
There are some useful tricks to get the best results from the Mapping procedure.
Below we list what to do or not to do:
- Keep your camera as still as possible.
- Make sure you get rid of any “Reflection” effect caused by windows, mirrored walls, polished floors, and other reflective objects around your decoration.
- Make sure you lower the surrounding lights to get a better contrast between the LEDs and the ambient light, and an easier detection by the app.
- Avoid extremely dark environments. In the dark, the detection of LEDs using your smartphone’s camera can create a halo that makes it more difficult to detect.
If you want to highlight a building’s profile or rooftop, it can be hard to map all the scenes in one shot.
In this case, for a Linear Set Up our advice is not to map your lights!
All the effects can be applied to the strings even when not mapped, just keep the default tree shape LED configuration, and the effects will run in a linear direction on the string.
If you already took a layout, delete it, remove the device from the device list, and add it again following the guided procedure add new device.
- If the camera doesn’t work, please be sure that you gave the app permission to access your camera.
- You can map an entire Join group. If you want to map an Area group you can map the individual devices first and then create the group or vice versa, depending on your needs, while if you want to make a Sync group you have to map the individual devices first and then create the group.
- For the AWW the color of the LEDs will change from warm, when not mapped, to cool when mapped, becoming cooler while the mapping is proceeding further.
- You can use the same custom Layout and Settings on another Smartphone or Tablet only by accessing the same Twinkly Account credentials on all the apps.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us.