How to pair and control your Twinkly with Google Home
Applies to Twinkly Generation I and Generation II devices and Twinkly Plus.
Remote control Twinkly using voice controls connecting it to your Google Assistant app.
Google Assistant is a smartphone app available on the AppStore and Google Play Store.
Connecting the lights to Google Assistant allows you to manage Twinkly using voice controls from your smartphone and Google Smart Home devices.
First, you need to download the Twinkly app and follow these 2 steps:
- Connect Twinkly to a local Wi-Fi Network
- Download the Amazon Alexa app and follow the guided procedure to configure it.
- You installed on Twinkly the latest version of firmware available.
- Your Google Smart Home device (if available) is running and connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as your Twinkly.
- The local Wi-Fi network properly accesses internet resources.
- Your smartphone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as your Twinkly and of your Google Smart home device (if available).
Make sure to have your Twinkly Account Login info at hand.
Add Twinkly to your Google Assistant
- Open your Google Assistant app
- Find the Twinkly skill and add it to your Google Assistant.
- Log In with the same credentials of your Twinkly account (if you accessed through social login, be sure to access it with the same user).
- In the list of elements available you can see all of your Twinkly. If you created a group of Twinkly you will be only able to control the whole group.
Both Twinkly Generation I and II
Turn on / off all the lights or just one light. IE:
- OK Google, Turn Twinkly on
- OK Google, Turn Twinkly off
Only on Twinkly Generation II
Ask Google to adjust the Brightness
- OK Google, Google set Twinkly Brightness at 50%
Change the dominant color. IE:
- OK Google, set Twinkly to Blue
- OK Google, set Twinkly to Red
- OK Google, set Twinkly to Yellow
Ask Google Assistant to synchronize effects typing or voice command: “synchronize devices”.
This is necessary the first time you use it or every time you add new lights, remove lights, or your network settings change.
- If you create a group of Twinkly you will be able to manage only the group and not the single lights.
- Voice controls to change colors are not available on Gold Edition devices.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us.