Description of content and features of the Device Menu
Applies to Gen I and Gen II devices, Twinkly PRO and Twinkly Plus.
The devices’ menu collects information about the connected Twinkly. You can find both the single devices and groups in the menu, identified by an icon and status indicator.
You can create new groups from this menu, delete an existing device, or add a new one.
Select a device and tap on the “gear” icon on the right.
You will access the screen where all the device details are listed.
- Name – You can change the name of your Twinkly.
- Active LEDs' number – Number of active LEDs. (1)
- Model – The model name
- LED profile – The color profile of the device LEDs.
- MAC Address – The MAC address of the device.
- Firmware – The installed Firmware version
An icon indicates that an update is available, tap on the “update firmware” button if present to launch the update. Once launched please wait for the reboot, do not touch anything. Together with the update icon, you also will find an exclamation point icon, next to the firmware actual version, you can also tap on this icon to get your update!
- IP Address – The IP address of the device.
- Last discovered – The method used by the app to locate the device.
- Network – Here appears the name of the local Wi-Fi network to which the device is connected.
If you purchased a Wi-fi 400 2 port controller and a string of 250 LEDs, you have to follow this procedure if you want to be able to light all LEDs:
- open the App and access the Device Page
- Click on the "Pro Configuration" item
- enter the correct number of ports (2)
- enter the correct number of LEDs (250)
- enter the LEDs profile of your string (this procedure is valid for all LEDs profiles: RGB. RGB+W and AWW)
Remember that the device needs to be online when you follow the procedure.
Preview Devices or Group Status
Now Twinkly app has a new useful feature: while in the device list, next to your Twinkly Name, you will find a square icon, which filling will represent the status of your device:
A green dot next to devices: devices online
Grey: your device is off
Grey and white striped icon: devices without saved effects:
Colour: your device is in full-color mode, which means that you chose to apply a single color to your string; the color you see in the square is the one applied to your lights.
Playlist icon: when a playlist of effects is activated, your icon will show the playlist symbol
Effect preview: the square shows a preview of the effect you chose to apply to your device
Twinkly Music: when a musical note symbol appears in your icon, it means that the device is playing a twinkly Music driver, synching to the song or sounds, around you.
This way, you will have all you need to know about your device, at hand on a single screen!
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us.