Procedure to connect your Twinkly device to your home or office Wi-Fi
Applies to Twinkly Generation I and Generation II devices, Twinkly PRO and Twinkly Plus.
What can you do with your Twinkly if you connect it to your home Wi-Fi?
Connecting your devices to your home Wi-fi network allows you to fully enjoy all the amazing Twinkly features.
We advise connecting Twinkly to your Wi-Fi to:
- Access the internet while using Twinkly
- Download and apply effects from the online gallery
- Create Twinkly groups
- Control Twinkly remotely using devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa
- Update the Firmware
Connecting Twinkly to a local network is useful on many levels. You will have wider coverage and you will be able to use the app from any place in the house, moreover, if your device automatically connects to the network, as soon as you get home you are ready to start using your Twinkly.
How do I connect Twinkly to my local network?
The procedure to connect to the local Wi-fi network is part of the first guided Twinkly Setup:
- Configuring Twinkly Generation I for the first time
- Configuring Twinkly Generation II for the first time and joining the local Wi-fi network thanks to the Bluetooth connection
This procedure applies also to Generation II devices and in case you can’t use Bluetooth connectivity, just be sure you are connected to your Twinkly direct Wi-Fi in order to access the detailed device page and be able to search for your Wi-Fi in the "Network" list.
- Open the Twinkly app, access the Device Menu, and select your Twinkly, it should show a green icon. If you can’t see any Twinkly in the list, or if you see a grey dot icon next to your device, please check if you’re directly connected to your Twinkly network from the Wi-Fi settings menu of your smartphone.
- Tap on your device gear icon to access the Device Details screen
- Tap on Network to Scan for available ones and connect to your favorite.
- Type the password and click on Connect, this process may take up to 30 seconds.
Your Twinkly is now connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
Please be sure your smartphone is on the same local Wi-Fi network.
The direct connection between your Twinkly and your Smartphone is now over.
The Twinkly_XXXXXX Wi-Fi network is no more available in your smartphone Wi-Fi lists.
On your Generation I controller now you can see two steady lights on, one green and one blue.
On your Generation II controller now you can see a blue steady light on.
You can easily verify which network your Twinkly is actually connected to from the Device Menu, by tapping on the gear icon, from the Network voice.
Can I use Twinkly even without a Wi-Fi connection?
If you want to set up your Twinkly lights in a place that’s not near your Wi-Fi source (e.g. outside on the porch, by the pool), you can use a router with no internet connection and dedicate it exclusively to your Twinkly devices.
Keep in mind that it is always preferable to connect to a router with Internet access, however, if it is necessary you can also connect your devices to a dedicated router without Internet.
- Start the Twinkly app and access your account while connected to the internet.
- Switch on your router, which won’t access the internet but will develop a network.
- Connect your smartphone to your WI-Fi network, set up your Twinkly devices, and then map and customize them.
If you want to download effects from the Effects Gallery, you can simply temporarily disconnect your smartphone from the dedicated network, connect it to your home Wi-Fi so that you can access the internet, and once you’ve downloaded your effects, you can reconnect to your dedicated router to control your lights again.
Another simple solution is to use the Control Remotely function, a new feature that allows you to control your devices even if offline, just using your mobile data connection.
How can I change the Wi-fi network?
If your Twinkly is still connected to the old Wi-Fi network.
If you want to change the network to which your device is connected, just open the Twinkly app, then the Device Menu, the LED icon on the right bottom app on the screen, and then tap on the gear icon next to the device name; finally, tap on Network (last row on the page), and select the Wi-Fi you want to use among those available.
You can refresh the list of available networks by using the scroll-down menu.
If your Twinkly is offline
If, instead, the device is offline ( gray dot next to the device name on the App and status LED flashing blue/red) and you cannot reconnect it to the "old" network to change it, we suggest deleting it from the Twinkly App and make Bluetooth onboarding procedure by holding down the controller button until it turns steady blue
This way the App will find the device again and you can set it to the new network (which must be the same one you connected the phone to): when the App asks which network you want to join, simply select the "new" one.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us.