Procedure to connect your Twinkly device to your home or office Wi-Fi Network
Applies to Twinkly Generation I and Generation II devices, Twinkly PRO and Twinkly Plus.
We advise connecting Twinkly to your Wi-Fi network to:
- Access the internet while using Twinkly
- Download and apply effects from the online gallery
- Create Twinkly groups
- Control Twinkly remotely using devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa
- Update the Firmware
Connecting Twinkly to a local network is useful on many levels.
In fact, you will have wider coverage and you will be able to use the app from any place in the house, moreover, if your device automatically connects to the network, as soon as you get home you are ready to start using Twinkly
The procedure to the local Wi-fi network is part of the first guided Twinkly Setup:
- Configuring Twinkly Generation I for the first time
- Configuring Twinkly Generation II for the first time and join the local Wi-fi network thanks to the Bluetooth connection
Step by Step Procedure
This procedure is valid also if you have a Generation II device and you can’t use Bluetooth connectivity, just be sure you have are connected to your Twinkly direct Wi-Fi in order to access the detailed device page and be able to search for your Wi-Fi in the "Network" list.
- Open the Twinkly app, access the Device Menu, and select your Twinkly, it should show a green icon. If you can’t see any Twinkly in the list, or if you see a grey dot icon next to your device, please check if you’re directly connected to your Twinkly network from the Wi-Fi settings menu of your smartphone.
- Tap on your device gear icon to access the Device Details screen
- Tap on Network to Scan for available ones and connect to your favorite.
- Type the password and click on Connect, this process may take up to 30 seconds.
Your Twinkly is now connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
Please be sure to be connected with your smartphone to the same local Wi-Fi network.
The direct connection between your Twinkly and your Smartphone is now over.
The Twinkly_XXXXXX Wi-Fi network is no more available in your smartphone Wi-Fi lists.
On your Generation I controller now you can see two steady lights on, one green and one blue.
On your Generation II controller now you can see a blue steady light on.
You can easily verify on which network your Twinkly is actually connected from the Device Menu, tapping on the gear icon, from the Network voice.
You can also use your Twinkly without an external WiFi network or without internet access.
Connecting Twinkly to a local Wi-fi network is essential to get the best out of your Twinkly, but it's not strictly necessary, for example, you can connect it using Twinkly direct Wi-Fi.
Twinkly will work as a stand-alone product or, in direct communication with your smartphone.
Also, it will work on routers that have not internet access; this solution can be great to manage a larger group of Twinkly on their own network (more than 5) without interference from other connected devices.
If you want to change the network to which your device is connected, just open the Twinkly app, and then the Device Menu, the LED icon on the right bottom app on the screen, and then tap on the gear icon next to the device name; finally, tap on Network (last row on the page), and select the Wi-Fi you want to use among those available.
Not found what you were looking for? Contact us.